[cups-devel] Image Control on OKIDATA 490

Jesse Garrison jesse at takethefort.com
Mon Nov 16 16:45:27 PST 2015

Hello, all! I’m posting this here because I the user list wasn’t able to help. Hoping you guys can, because I don’t know who else to ask!

I’m working on a project in which I’m trying to print text and images in a continuous stream on an OKIDATA Microline 490 dot-matrix printer. I’m running a node app (with node-printer) on the computer side to take care of the logic. I’ve got the basics working, but I’m having trouble controlling the size and placement of images.

Right now, whenever I print an image, it formats the image to fill a significant amount of the page, even rotating landscape images for a better fit. I want the image to appear without form-feeding, scaling or with any trailing blank space.

I solved a similar issue with text by modifying a print filter to avoid form feeding at the end of a print job. I was hoping to do something similar with images, but it seems more complicated. I modified an image filter to remove the lines regarding blank space, but I’m having trouble compiling (can’t find ijs package?), and I don’t even know if that’s the right solution. I also have tried to send different options to lp, such as position=top and natural-scaling=25, but it seems to have no effect. I am running a Mac on El Cap, if it makes any difference.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide- I really appreciate it!

: jesse

~~~Jesse Garrison
c: 347.267.7638