[cups-devel] [UNKN] STR #4711: texttopdf crashes while processing a special document using the prettyprint option

Rainer Suhm noreply at cups.org
Sun Sep 6 05:41:02 PDT 2015

Very strange:
If I call texttopdf directly like mentioned on the cups-filter-page,
everything works (see below).
If I do "the same" with cups, the error occurs.
As it seems that the page-... options are ignored when using prettyprint, i
omit them in further investigations.

This goes well:
lp -d PDF Sicherung.sh

This also goes well:
/usr/lib/cups/filter/texttopdf 1 1 Sicherung.sh 1 prettyprint <
Sicherung.sh > Sicherung.pdf

This doesn't:
lp -d PDF -o prettyprint Sicherung.sh

As noted earlier, other files are processed correct using prettyprint.

This is the output of pdffonts on the PDF created without prettyprint:
name                                 type              encoding         emb
sub uni object ID
- ------------------------------------ ----------------- ---------------- ---
- --- --- ---------
[none]                               Type 3            Custom           yes
no  yes     17  0
[none]                               Type 3            Custom           yes
no  yes     84  0
[none]                               Type 3            Custom           yes
no  yes    114  0
[none]                               Type 3            Custom           yes
no  yes    137  0
[none]                               Type 3            Custom           yes
no  yes    156  0

I sent an email to you with the file Sicherung.sh.

Link: https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4711
Version: 2.0.4