[cups-devel] help me understand cups-files.conf

greg sahli greg.sahli at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 15:36:03 PST 2016

I'm a complete newbie... and need to understand:
OS X 10.11 El Capitan, CUPS 2.x, SIP workaround for open source CUPS
filters/backends/drivers.
In cups-files.conf, can I set the Directive ServerBin to
/usr/local/cups, so I can install OpenPrinting's executables there? And
then do I need to setup a "mirror" of /usr/libexec/cups there by
creating all the directories identical to /usr/libexec/cups -- with
links from /usr/local/cups back to the protected executables in
/usr/libexec/cups?

This is just my first idea about how to do this -- I'd welcome any
suggestions.

Thanks,
Greg