[cups-devel] IPP everywhere: MediaType not recognized for HP printerMichael Sweet

msweet at apple.com
Tue Oct 25 15:07:40 PDT 2016

Stephan,

Thanks for the bug report, hope to address the issues soon.

FWIW, "media-type" values with the 'name' syntax *are* valid, but they have a different semantic meaning (localized name vs. standard keyword) so they could cause problems.  Moreover, CUPS only sends media-type as a keyword since name values are problematic and haven't been recommended to use for 15+ years...