[cups-devel] Getting more advanced options for printers

Nilanjana Lodh nilanjanalodh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 03:56:18 PDT 2017

Hi,
I'm trying to procure all available options for a CUPS Destination, but I
haven't been able to find a suitable method which lists every option
available in the ppd.
I have tried the following approaches:
1.  tried to retrieve supported "*job-creation-atttributes*" via an IPP
request.
This returns most basic options such as media, orientation, number-up etc,
However, this doesn't return the more advanced options such as half-tone
algorithm, etc , even though they are defined in the ppd
2. tried to retrieve "*printer-more-info" , *however, this doesn't help
much.

Is there a way I can get all the advanced options (including those defined
in the ppd of the particular printer), without dealing PPDs(since the ppd
api is deprecated)?
I couldn't find a relevant function in the CUPS API too.

I'd be obliged if someone could offer some advice.

NILANJANA LODH
CS Undergrad
@ IIEST, Shibpur