[cups-devel] cupsEnumDests(): Suppress listing temporary CUPS queues or distinguish temporary queues in resulting queue list

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 17:40:38 PDT 2017

Hi,

I want to perform an operation only on the permanent queues (the ones
manually set up) of the local CUPS daemon, not on temporary queues (the
ones CUPS auto-creates when one accesses a driverless remote printer
advertised by DNS-SD).

I can call cupsEnumDests() with flags so that only queues of the local
CUPS daemon and not remote printers without local CUPS queues are
shown), but the queues of the local CUPS daemon which I get listed then
are both the permanent queues and temporary queues. How can I recognize
which of these are permanent and which are temporary? Or can I call
cupsEnumDests() in a way that I get only permanent or only temporary queues?

I uses the newest GIT snapshot of CUPS on Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful, under
development). I have downgraded the libcups.so.2 file to right before
commit f50db552 due to https://github.com/apple/cups/issues/5022

    Till