[cups-devel] Simulating an IPP printer with desired attributes using ipptool and ipptoolfile

Sahil Arora sahilarora.535 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 14:46:19 PDT 2017

Hi Michael,
Thanks you for clearing things out. What I get of the method I was
initially applying using ipptool and CUPS-Create-Local-Printer was that it
was actually making a temporary print queue with some printer name
supplied, and I was changing the location of the printer, since location is
managed by the user. Other printer attributes were still untouched by the
ipptool and the operation, since it was not supported by cups.

As suggested by you and Smith, I used "ippserver" to simulate a printer
using an attributes file and have been successful in doing so.

I am using the ippsample on Ubuntu 17.04, where the binaries were
pre-installed. However, it is indeed a great suggestion to try out the
snappy versions of the packages. I will try the snap packages and well and
get back if I face any issues.

Thanks a lot.
--
Sahil Arora