[cups-devel] Adding IPP-over-USB Support to CUPS

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sun Oct 15 20:15:12 PDT 2017

David,

There is already an open source ippusbxd program that provides IPP-USB support on platforms that support libusb. macOS has an equivalent ippusbd based on IOKit.

The problem with an ippusb backend is that it doesn’t allow the web interface to be used on the printer, nor does it allow things like scanning to work...

Sent from my iPad