[cups-devel] Adding IPP-over-USB Support to CUPS

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 05:06:39 PDT 2017

David,

if you want to contribute, please have a look at the still needed
changes on Avahi:

https://github.com/lathiat/avahi/issues/125

(see also readme.md file displayed on
https://github.com/OpenPrinting/ippusbxd)

With this done IPP-over-USB printers simply appear as network printers
on localhost:60000 and are then simply automatically seen by CUPS and
cups-browsed without any changes on CUPS/cups-browsed needed.

    Till