[cups-devel] Debug Logging in Cups

David Valleau valleau at chromium.org
Thu Oct 19 11:43:42 PDT 2017

Hello,

I am currently doing some work in the CUPS code and am having some trouble
getting debug logging to work.

I have run:

   - ./configure --enable-debug --enable-debug-guards --enable-debug-printfs
   - make clean
   - make

I then run the backend that I am testing using the following command:

   - CUPS_DEBUG_FILTER=".*" CUPS_DEBUG_LOG="-" CUPS_LOG_LEVEL=9 ./ipp

However, when running this backend the outputs from all of the
"DEBUG_printf" macros in the execution path do not seem to be displayed.

How can I get these macros to display? I am having some trouble trying to
debug my changes right now since I am flying blind without any debugging
information.

I should not that I have tried a number of different values for the
CUPS_DEBUG_LOG and CUPS_LOG_LEVEL environment variables already.

Thanks,
David