[cups-devel] undefined reference to `httpConnect2' - CentOS

Koochana, Sharath (Contractor) Sharath.Koochana at CVSHealth.com
Tue Sep 26 13:24:34 PDT 2017

Hi help needed :

I am compiling an existing program on CentOS that was written on Susi. It compiples well on Susi.
I get this error : undefined reference to `httpConnect2' - CentOS
Do we have different version of Cups for CentOS?

My Cups version is : cups-2.1.0

My CentOS Details:

CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
NAME="CentOS Linux"
VERSION="7 (Core)"
ID="centos"
ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
VERSION_ID="7"
PRETTY_NAME="CentOS Linux 7 (Core)"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:centos:centos:7"
HOME_URL="https://www.centos.org/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.centos.org/"

NOTE:

 1.  I am not compiling cups source code, I am just calling httpConnect2 in my program
 2.  All other functions link well for examples : cupsEncryption,cupsServer,ippPort link well with no issues..
 3.  the same httpConnect2 links well in Susi with the same cupos version cups-2.1.0
I am calling the function like this
http = httpConnect2 (
    cupsServer(),
    ippPort(),
    NULL,
    AF_UNSPEC,
    encryption,
    1,/* blocking conn*/
    1000,
    NULL

 *   I am suspecting NULL params , in the fiction definition of cups they are pointers
 *   probably CentOS treating NULL to pointer conversion differently ?
extern http_t             *httpConnect2(const char *host, int port,
                                         http_addrlist_t *addrlist,
                                         int family, http_encryption_t encryption,
                                         int blocking, int msec, int *cancel)
                                         _CUPS_API_1_7;