[cups-devel] cups - centos

Jörn-Ingo Weigert jiweigert at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 19:58:04 PDT 2017

Hi Sharath,

at first, you should install CUPS packages out of the package repository
from CentOS as root with 'yum -y install cups' and according configure it.
This is the recommended way.

If you want to build cups from scratch and build rpm packages, you should
use rpmbuild and have installed the necessary build essentials first.

One of many tutorials found in the net you find under this link:

https://gist.github.com/jpawlowski/cd2827d46dd0c10f58c3b299ccdf8dd0

Check, if there is an updated version of cups first and update the commands
accordingly.

That should solve your build problems.

Kind regards,

Jörn-Ingo Weigert