[cups-devel] Using cups API to send PDF document without converting to PS first

Nimesh Amin nimesh.i.amin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:54:03 PDT 2018

Note, I was using an older CUPS version that was on Ubuntu 16.04.  I've
just upgraded to 17.10, which is getting me 2.2.4-7ubuntu3.
I used the xrxc400.ppd from Xerox, which obviously doesn't contain any CUPS
specific attributes.  I've noticed using -m everywhere to install printers
now via lpadmin.  Should I just use that, considering it's an IPP printer?
Where would the generated PPD end up?  I'll need to add some specific items
for passcode support (unless that's already implemented).