[cups-devel] Seiko label printer missing part of text on left hand edge

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 05:38:43 PDT 2020

I have a Seiko Smart Label Printer SLP100

I have download source from a couple sites, the contents are near identical.
https://github.com/fawkesley/smart-l...p-linux-driver
https://github.com/danieloneill/SeikoSLPLinuxDriver
https://siibusinessproducts.com/supp...ver-downloads/

Compiled and installed into CUPS selecting label size SLP-2RL (this is
on Debian 10 LXDE)

It prints all okay except the left hand edge of the first character of
every line is missing.

If you imagine a capital T then the vertical part of it is partially
visible and the top of the T is only visible to the right of the stem.

I've printed by just dumping a text file via
Code:

lp -d SII_SLP100 -o orientation-requested=4 TestSLP100.txt

with contents as
[code]
This is a text file printed
test
printed
from
This file
[/code]
or via LibreOffice Writer with a page set to the dimensions of the label.

If I increase the margins of the label it just moves all the text
accordingly for an increased margin but still is missing that very fine
amount from left hand side.

I've also tried amending the PPD and reloading into cups, so I currently
have
[code]
*PageSize AddressSmall/Address - Small (SLP-1RL, SLP-2RL):
"<</PageSize[236 68]/ImagingBBox null>>setpagedevice"
*PageRegion AddressSmall/Address - Small (SLP-1RL, SLP-2RL):
"<</PageSize[236 68]/ImagingBBox null>>setpagedevice"
*ImageableArea AddressSmall/Address - Small (SLP-1RL, SLP-2RL): "2 2 232 64"
*PaperDimension AddressSmall/Address - Small (SLP-1RL, SLP-2RL):
"236.160003662109 68.400001525879"
[/code]
If I adjust the ImageableArea values it is like changing the margins in
LibreOffice, the text still all comes out respecting the new
margin/boundary and looks exactly the same each time just shifted left
or right accordingly but is always missing this very fine amount from
left hand side.

Even if I edit the text file to have two spaces at start of every line,
it still prints out the same.
[code]
   This is a text file printed
   test
   printed
   from
   This file
[/code]
with the very left hand edge of all the first characters missing.

Is there something with the ppd I am missing?