[cups.general] Can't print from KDE apps

Mark Thorp Duxbury marktd at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 17 09:53:09 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 07:35, Helge Blischke wrote:

> Well, I cannot determine what went wrong in some of your setup runs, but
> it should be
> fairly easy to solve the issue. As you say that only KDE apps show this
> error, modify
> your KDE environment as to define the environment variable GS_FONTPATH
> to contain all these directories your fonts are in, e.g.
> GS_FONTPATH="/usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript:/usr/local/share/fonts/Tr
>ueType" export GS_FONTPATH
> (for sh, ksh, bash etc.).
>
> Helge

Thanks.  I'm setting that in a script in /etc/profile.d so it should be
available universally.  Making sure...

   [mark at localhost mark]$ set | grep GS
   GS_FONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript:/usr/local/share/fonts/TrueType
   GS_LIB=/usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript:/usr/local/share/fonts/TrueType

But unfortunately the problem persists with the same error message I've been
seeing.

Mark