[cups.general] Bridge for FAX

Norbert Kamenicky noro at xmedia.sk
Thu Aug 5 14:37:40 PDT 2004

mribault at amadeus.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know of a way of targetting FAX printers via an IPP server?
> Does such a bridge exist?
>
> Actually I'm trying to send IPP print requests that will go, through an IPP server (say CUPS), to either a printer or to a FAX machine depending on the address.

Sorry, I doesn't know about such a bridge, but think it should not
be difficult to do it ... (I made it few years using mgetty+sendfax
under LPRng)

just install/setup your favorite fax printer package (mgetty+sendfax,
hylafax, efax etc.), and then configure printer "fax" in CUPS to use
"sendfax" (or how it calls) command as a filter.

noro