[cups.general] [patch] preserve another environment variable in backends

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Aug 13 09:12:40 PDT 2004

Tim Waugh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch to preserve DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS in the
> environment when spawning a backend.  This is needed for a project we
> are working on in which cupsd runs as part of the user session.

I'm not keen on adding support for a lot of esoteric environment
variables, so I don't think we will be adding this patch to the
standard CUPS.

If you would like to file a patch which adds support for passing
arbitrary environment variables (like the Apache PassEnv directive)
we will be happy to add that.

Also, in the future please post patches using the STR form:

     http://www.cups.org/str.php

That way we can track all of the changes to CUPS and no patches will
go un-noticed... :)

Thanks!