Authorization problems

Joe Howell jhowell at shelterinsurance.com
Thu Aug 5 06:28:59 PDT 2004

I've installed CUPS 1.1.20 on a SuSE 8.2 system with SAMBA 3.0.4 installed on it.  So far so good, printing works ok (except I haven't yet figured out how to kick out the last page to clear the queue?)  My most aggravating problem is that I don't seem to be able to use the admin interfaces.  I'm logged in as root but I am unable to administer my printers.  I keep getting "client-error-not-authorized" messages.  Here's my cupsd.conf:

LogLevel debug
MaxLogSize 100000
PreserveJobHistory No
AutoPurgeJobs Yes
User root
Group root
Port 631
Browsing Off
ImplicitClasses Off
SystemGroup root
<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from All
</Location>
<Location /printers>
AuthType None
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From None
Allow From All
</Location>
<Location /admin>
AuthType Basic
AuthClass System
Order Deny,Allow
Allow From All
Deny From None
</Location>

Can someone point out what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.

Joe Howell