Canon vs. HP

k_paulsen at gmx.net k_paulsen at gmx.net
Wed Aug 11 08:59:57 PDT 2004

Hi,

I´m printing from Windows 2k/XP hosts using the build in driver (DeskJet 520) to a RedHat9 (cups-1.1.17-13, gimp-print-4.2.4-5, raw protocol, Parallel Port#1) printing server, CUPS shows this as ´local raw printer´ and all works fine with the attached HP.

Now I tried the same with a Canon BJC-250, even the windows driver, even to a ´raw-cups´, even to Parallel Port#1. The odd thing is the Canon doesn´t do anything, neither the print job doesn´t appear in the jobs list.  Does this job not go out of the printing host or whats wrong ??

Thanx ...