[cups.general] [patch] preserve another environment variable in backends

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Aug 13 14:18:46 PDT 2004

Jerome Alet wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 03:50:35PM +0100, Tim Waugh wrote:
>
>>Here is a patch to preserve DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS in the
>>environment when spawning a backend.  This is needed for a project we
>>are working on in which cupsd runs as part of the user session.
>

> Why not send a patch which would allow a list of environment
> variables to be preserved be set in cupsd.conf, something like
>
> EnvPreserve DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS,...

That was my recommendation, although the Apache name is PassEnv
(and we like to stay as compatible as possible with the Apache
syntax... :)

> and also :
>
> EnvAdd JOB_ORIGNATING_HOSTNAME,...

IIRC, that sounds like the "SetEnv" directive in Apache, with
a twist.

In any case, posting a RFE at:

     http://www.cups.org/str.php

is the best way to get this considered for a future CUPS release.