[cups.general] Re: Help on using alternate pstops filter

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Thu Aug 5 12:29:11 PDT 2004

Robert Flemming wrote:

> I just wanted pass this along again since I didn't get a response.  Take
> Care
>
> Robert
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Robert Flemming <flemming at google.com> -----
>
> Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:38:34 -0700
> From: Robert Flemming <flemming at google.com>
> To: H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
> Subject: Re: [cups.general] [Fwd: Re: Help on using alternate pstops filter]
>
> > To somebody else posting to this NG I already offered to do a change to
> > the alternate pstops filter to include the contents of certain
> > environment variablens and job attributes to the S job's setup section
> > so they may be referenced by such page label procedures but got no
> > reaction so far.
>
> > Anyway, I see there _is_ interest. Please be patient for some time.
>
> Reply outside the newsgroup and using my business address:
>
> At the risk of sounding over anxious, any idea when you might get a
> chance to look into this?  This really is the best solution to a problem
> we're trying to solve and I wanted to give the people who were asking
> for it a better idea when we may be able to implement such a solution.
> If sending you a box of Google goodies would help you out, I'm pretty
> sure I can get that together for you.  Thanks so much for your time and
> your help.  Take Care
>
> Robert
>
> --
> Robert Flemming - flemming at google.com
> Google Inc. - Systems Administrator
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

Yes, this project is in the queue but had been delayed somewhat because
I had to get
CUPS to work on an old system (SunOS 4.1.1).
Moreover, I decided to incorporate an extension for banner pages
analogous to what
I did for page labels. Thus, I guess I'll publish a workable version
with these
enhancements around end of August / beginning of September.

Helge
H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
H.Blischke at srz-berlin.com
H.Blischke at acm.org