setting options for all printers

Carlos Villegas villegas at math.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 3 12:22:18 PDT 2004

We have several printers, and would like to set the margin options on
all of them to reasonable values for text file printing, and it would be
tedious (and ugly) to run lpadmin for all printers. So my question is: Is
there any way to specify options that aply to all queues (in
/etc/cups/lptoptions)? I know I can put the options for all printers in
there, but that's just ugly :)

If not, and any cups developers are listening, I "wish" an "All" directive
in /etc/cups/lpoptions (so it could be "All page-top=30....").

Carlos