[cups.general] Printing problems from MacOSX clients to a Linux CUPS server

John C. Welch johnwelch at kclife.com
Tue Aug 3 09:57:27 PDT 2004

On 7/28/04 2:32 AM, "Blaise Drayer" <cups at drayer.ch> wrote:

>> Probably you have an older version of CUPS which does not correctly
>> embed TrueType fonts when printing PDF files coming from the Mac
>> system.
>
> I am using CUPS 1.1.20 on my linux server (Debian Woody with CUPS from
> backports.org). For the macOSX I don't know the version number of cups
> but I have this problem with MacOSX 10.2 (I must test with MacOSX 10.3.1).

1) Update to 10.3.4 if you are going to use 10.3 at all. Running 3+ minor
system versions back is not the greatest idea.

2) What fonts and what languages are you seeing this problem with? Assuming
that all MS Office 2004, (2003 is the windows version) fonts are truetype on
OS X is not a good assumption to make. Also, Office 2004 has more unicode
support than earlier versions, so the name of the font and they language
you're using are needed to help see where the problem lies.

john

--
John C. Welch
CIS