[cups.general] read print-job-originating user

Marcus Mundt Marcus.Mundt at forsa.de
Tue Aug 3 04:25:29 PDT 2004

Hi,

I`m running a CUPS-Server which converts send data to pdf.

Now I want my backend to save these files in a folder named after the user
who originated the print job. Therefore I need to use the content of the
variable "user" which is mentionen as a component of the CUPS job structure
(cps_job_t) and is used to display the job-creating user in the jobs-section
of the webinterface.

The user should be handed over to the bachend, so that the backend can
create an accordingly named folder.

How can this be done. Any hints are welcome.

Cheers,
Marcus