jobs in queues of implicit classes not visible

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Aug 10 05:46:26 PDT 2004

hansjöerg.maurer at dlr.de wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I defined two servers with implicit classes.
>
> If I sent a Job to the resulting printer, the job is not displayed on the other hosts in the network, who use this classes with
> poll server A
> poll server B
>
> If I setup client.conf to point two one server, the job sin the queue
> of this server become visible.

This is as designed; the client only sees the local queue since the
jobs are sent one-at-a-time.  Providing a global view of all client
jobs would not scale - you'd have to 1) know about all of the clients
and 2) query every client prior to displaying your results (assuming
that the clients allow remote access, which is not the case in the
default CUPS configuration...)