Must press "continue button" to print

Kristian kristian at hitech-sanita.it
Tue Aug 3 03:03:28 PDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I have several Epson printers on which I am priting from a remote machine using the lp.cups client program with the "-h" flag appropriately set.

The Epson models are: epl5800, epl5700, epl5900

Basically, whenever I send my pdf files to a printer, the printer gets the file and hangs with the continue button flashing. I have to press that button for the printer to actually start the printing process. Furthermore, this has to be done for every page... e.g. for a 3-pages long document, I have to press the continue button 3 times.

Does anyone know how to solve this?