Checking jobs in the queue

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Aug 13 07:23:56 PDT 2004

Hello Everyone.

I've this problem on checking the jobs in the queue for all
of my Linux (RH_8.0) clients. I'm using CUPS on the clients
but the queues are actually on a Solaris server. So, I have
a /etc/cups/printers.conf file link to a local place, i.e.

/etc/cups/printers.conf -> /printer_central_configuration/printers.conf

And the configuration inside printers.conf file is below:

<Printer bd6clr25>
DeviceURI lpd://ads601/bd6clr25
State Idle
Accepting Yes
Jobsheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

*****
ads601 is Solaris_8 machine.

I have the same setup on solaris clients (the config file is different ofcourse).

My problem is I when I send a job to a printer from a Linux client
and try to check the queue using either lpq or lpstat but for some
reasons, the jobs does not appear in the queue. However, the jobs
printed fine.

Thanks for all advices.
Tam