[cups.general] Re: SUSE 9.0 and networked printer

Klaus Singvogel kssingvo at suse.de
Mon Aug 9 00:58:35 PDT 2004

Helge Blischke wrote:
> Ian Leonard wrote:
> >
> > Helge Blischke wrote:

The cupsd on SUSE isn't used, if "client only" setup is done.
Only the cupsd on the Fedora Core 2 box (or whatever as server
is configured :-) is used by your applications for printing.

> > > You should call the runlevel editor from YAST and mark the CUPS
> > > scheduler to be
> > > started in levels 2, 3, and 5.

Oouch. Bad idea. The daemon isn't used, regardless if he is running or
not. Sorry, but this confuses. You need to deinstall your "client only"
and do a setup (installation) as a server.

Regards,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel
SuSE Linux AG
Maxfeldstr. 5                     E-Mail: Klaus.Singvogel at suse.com
90409 Nuernberg                   Phone: +49 (0) 911 740530
Germany                           GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27