[cups.general] lprm <PID> => Not all processes killed

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Sun Aug 29 02:42:19 PDT 2004

Hi,

when I kill all printing jobs using lprm there still sometimes is a
process left accessing /dev/lp0. An example:

root      3926  0.0  0.3  2964  700 ?        S    13:04   0:00 parallel:/dev/lp0 218 felix AcroHP1Omx 1 outputorder=normal number-up=1 nowrap position=top-left Resolution=600dpi Duplex=None PageSize=A4 InputSlot=Default noOption1

What's the purpose of this process? Is it just to finish printing the
current page or will it produce more printout (I already wasted enough
paper and I don't have much left, so I don't want to try that out)?

Felix