CUPS paper tray lpd

terrydavis at anderson-crane.com terrydavis at anderson-crane.com
Mon Aug 23 14:45:29 PDT 2004

I support a number of users on Unix/Windows/Linux hosts and I have a problem with selecting the paper tray for output from Linux applications.

I am using CUPS to interface to the lpd device (in this case a Lexmark printer server) i.e. lpd://some.ip.address/

My linux users want to be able to chose tray 1 or tray 2 on HP PCL printers and there doesnt seem to be a way to do this except through the Web interface (localhost:631 in these instances), that is -- in OpenOffice applications the paper tray option is greyed out.

Someone got a clue how I can allow users to access each print tray?

Thanks

T Davis