Unable to administer printers

Joe Howell jhowell at shelterinsurance.com
Fri Aug 27 09:03:55 PDT 2004

I've installed CUPS 1.1.20 on a SuSE 8.2 system from source.  I've basically set up the system wide open (allow from all, deny from none) but I'm unable to administer my system.  When I try to use lpadmin I get a client-error-not-authorized message.  If I try to use the HTTP interface, when I go to the "administer printers" and then click on the "modify printer" link I don't get an error, but I go back to the main administration page.  What could be wrong?  My cupsd.conf is posted below:

LogLevel debug
MaxLogSize 100000
PreserveJobHistory No
AutoPurgeJobs Yes
User root
Group root
Port 631
Browsing Off
ImplicitClasses Off
SystemGroup root
<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from All
Deny fron None
</Location>
<Location /printers>
AuthType None
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From None
Allow From All
</Location>

I've got one printer defined, a networked Lexmark Optra t616 that I am able to send print jobs to.  (Although I can't get the last page to print!  But I hope to fix that once I can administer things.)

TIA.