get rid of some paper sizes, we don't have "letter" ...

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Sun Aug 29 11:37:57 PDT 2004

Stefan Kummerant wrote:

> How can I get rid of some paper sizes in the ppd's? We don't have the letter
> format in our companie, the only we use is A4 and A3. But  users also select
> "letter" and "11x17" and so on ... This results in a jam until someone
> pushes the CANCEL-Button at the printer. I would like to give them only the
> possibility to select DinA4 or DinA3. How cold this done?
> Best Regards Stefan

Delete *all* the media size related entries in the PPD dealing with
Letter
and 11x17 from the PPD (not only PageSize, but PageRegion etc. as well).
Be sure either to edit the PPD(s) in the model directory and re-install
the
printer(s) or stop cupsd while editing in /etc/cups/ppd (and delete the
/etc/cups/ppds.dat).

Helge

H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
H.Blischke at srz-berlin.com