[cups.general] printing pdf problem

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Tue Aug 31 04:20:31 PDT 2004

Simon Gao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone see this error while printing a pdf file? I have tried two
> different printers and both gave me this error. Then no printout come
> out even though the log shows that the printing job is complete.
>
> I use command:
>
>  > lpr -P<printer> <pdf file>
>
> Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
> "(246522) Inline image dictionary key must be a name object"
>
> Any help is appreciated.

The PDF is bogus: keys in image dictionaries in PDF *must* be names
(different from
PostScript where alternatively strings (or even numbers) may be used as
keys).
But it may well be that Adobe's PDF viewers (Reader, Acrobat) ignore
this restriction
and accept strings as keys.
How has your PDF been created?

Helge