Support for greenbar media.

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Sun Aug 29 10:06:04 PDT 2004

angelb at bugarin.us wrote:

> Does anyone know if the greenbar form is supported in CUPS? More specifically, the 14 x 8.5 perforated, continuous paper used in mainframe printers.
>
> We have several Oce Pagestream 250 printers that I'd like to have CUPS access to.

AFAIK, this printer (and the other Pagestream models) natively support
only
PCL5 and most of the IPDS related PDLs as known in mainframe
environments.
PostScript support is supplied by various UNIX and/or Windows based
print servers
by Oce (e.g. PRISMA servers).

If you lack such a server, you might use one of the PCL drivers (see
www.linuxprinting.org and/or the links on the CUPS web site, but you may
have
to invest some amount of programming effort.

Helge

H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
H.Blischke at srz-berlin.com
H.Blischke at acm.org