[cups.general] Re:Stop all jobs, NOW!

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Mon Aug 30 09:06:09 PDT 2004

Greetings ...

 > I wonder if there is a stable and non-complicated way to kill
 >     kill all print jobs on all printers
 >and
 >    kill all processes accessing print devices.
	I think you might be looking for "cancel -a print_name"

	"man cancel" on my FedoraCore2 explains that cancel -a will remove all
jobs from select print ...

 >This may leave the printers in an inconsistent state. But that flaw is
 >acceptable and even somewhat intended (better stop now, than print more
 >pages).
	I have had a few times when a jobs starts to spool, and a bright user
cancel's the job on the printer, but that is only what has been spool,
then I too get plenty pages just coming out ... I was wondering if there
might be a way to tell the remote printer to reset after canceling all
the jobs?

 > For users with only one printer connected to /dev/lp0, the following
 > script is acceptable:
 >
 >    #!/bin/sh
 >    lprm -
 >    fuser -k /dev/lp0

	Somebody post just a few messages ago

	/usr/bin/enable `lpstat.cups -p | awk '{print $2}'`

	But this does not work on my system. I think there might be a problem
with the awk part ...

 >But, I want a solution that works with all configurations.
	That is anybody guest, but lets see what works for whom ...

Mailed
Lee