cups and lpq

dwight.marzolf at analog.com dwight.marzolf at analog.com
Fri Aug 20 06:11:48 PDT 2004

We are running cups on our Red Hat 8 Linux boxes and through the printcap file we are pointing to network printers served by Solaris print servers.  Printing works fine.  But when jobs are sent to a printer from a linux client, and we use lpq or lpstat -p on that client to look at print jobs we see nothing.  If we have to kill a job we can't do it from the linux client because we can't see the job.  We have to go to the solaris print server to kill the job.  Is this the way it's supposed to work with cups or are we missing something in our print configuration.

As a side note we have one Red Hat Enterprise 3 machine with cups and we get the same response on it as described above.

Dwight Marzolf