Using CUPS with Red Hat ES 2.1

fhmanas at yahoo.com fhmanas at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 21:29:09 PDT 2004

Has anybody tried to install CUPS with RED HAT ES 2.1

Am trying to install a HPIJ driver which requires CUPS so I can print using my deskjet.  I use this printer to print our checks.

Was already told by red hat that ES 2.1 currently does not support CUPS nor HPIJ and I do it at my own risk.  HPIJ was installed properly according to HP's command. But can't see new printers on my Printer Configuration window.

Tried to download on my test machine but I keep getting errors compiling it

Help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Francis