Possible to use bins on Printers with CUPS?

Jason jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Wed Aug 25 11:42:53 PDT 2004

   We have half a dozen HP8150 Printers, with the optional 8 output bins
attached. These are working very nicely for us and allows our employees to
print to their own bins, causing less confusion and mixing up of paper.

My question is, it is possible some how to assign specific user their own
bins without CUPS? I have not been able to find anything yet that will allow
me to.

We are getting ready to rollout a pretty big piece of software that is going
to be running on a RH ES 3 box, and we are going to use CUPS for printing.
I've looked at the software as well to see if there is a way to assign bins,
but I don't see anything within this software. That lead me to start looking
into cups.

Is this possible? Or is there another way?

Thanks,

Jason