Printing from remote Solaris/SYSV lp to CUPS?

martin.wardNOSPAM at uk.neceur.com martin.wardNOSPAM at uk.neceur.com
Thu Aug 19 02:36:46 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I am trying to implement a central printing service like so:

A central server running Suse 9.0 linux printing to various HP LaserJet printers.
A couple of Suse, RedHat and Debian boxes plus numerous Solaris and HP-UX machines printing through the central server to the LJs.

Now I can get CUPS installed and working on the central server fine, the problem is with the remote servers. I don't have CUPS or CUPS-CLIENT binaries for all of these systems and the main problem is with the Solaris machines. I can, however, install the standard SYSV LP subsystem on those machines.

The question is: Can I print using the SYSV LP system to a remote printer running fom the CUPS server, is there a model script that will do it? I've scoured the net but to no avail.

|\/|artin