How to authenticate from printing software?

Remco Poelstra remco at beryllium.net
Wed Aug 25 06:51:04 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've a CUPS server running which requires authorization for it's
printers. This works perfectly if you connect with a webbrowser. On my
client, which gets the printers by a browsepoll, when I want to print
something I get the error client-not-authorized. That error is logical,
because I've never ever entered my username and password. I never did
that because I don't know how... So my question is how do I provide my
username and password to cups so I can be authenticated on the server?

Thanks in advance,

Remco Poelstra