Client Library

jean.crowley at cexp.com jean.crowley at cexp.com
Tue Aug 31 14:32:21 PDT 2004

Michael Sweet wrote:
> jean.crowley at cexp.com wrote:
> > I would like to build only the CUPS client library on a solaris
> > system.  I haven't found an option in the config for this.  The CUPS
> > subsystem will be running on Linux, and I want Solaris clients to
> > send it their print jobs.  My preference is to not build the full
> > CUPS subsystem on Solaris.  Thanks.
>
> There currently is no option for this, but you can request one using
> the STR form:
>
>      http://www.cups.org/str.php
>
> --
> Printing Software for UNIX                       http://www.easysw.com

Thanks, I opened an STR to have an option added for a client only build.  When building the CUPS subsystem, it failed because I didn't have a C++ compiler installed.  I did get the client library and it seems to work.  Should I have any concerns using the client library from the partial build since I didn't successfully build the CUPS subsystem?