double jobs not showing in cups log

pieterjandeboeck at yahoo.co.uk pieterjandeboeck at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 08:09:11 PDT 2004

hey,

I'm getting this strange thing.

I've been testing my program which holds print jobs, renames them and then releases them. Using OS X 10.3, the graphical interace for cups accessible through 127.0.0.1:631 shows the job being held, then renamed and then successfully released correctly (based on the same job id.)

However, my printer prints the document twice, under the same ID: once with the old, once with the new name.

I'm using:           All returning IPP_OK messages
- cupsGetJobs()      successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes
then
- cupsCancelJob()    successful-ok
- cupsDoRequest()    successful-ok

Other workflow programs such as TWIST also show both jobs going through the network to the printer. This discrepancy between what the cups log shows (job history) and the physical reality makes me at a loss. What could be the cause of this?

PJ