double jobs not showing in cups log

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Aug 5 11:06:45 PDT 2004

pieterjandeboeck at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> ..,
>> Are the jobs held initially when submitted?
>

> Yes: my app runs a loop in a separate thread that polls for jobs at 1
> sec intervals. They are immediately held (successfully). Cups log

OK, that's not the same thing.  Jobs can be created using the IPP
Create-Job and Print-Job operations using the "job-hold-until"
attribute, so that they are held before printing.

Holding the job after it has been created allows it to start
printing in that 1-second window.  The only way to atomically
hold a job for printing is to create it with the job-hold-until
attribute.