cgi-bin: localhost

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Aug 12 09:58:09 PDT 2004

oehmes at de.ibm.com wrote:
> the Problem we have is , we run multiple Cups Servers on one single
> box and have somehow to manage them .would it be acceptable , if we
> would provide a patch to fix this ? how sould we fix it , would it be
> enough to build in a second Option in cupsd.conf to listen on one
> port for print jobs and on another port (which can default point to
> localhost ) for management ? or any other ideas ..  ?

Listen on different ports for each server (e.g. "Listen
localhost:8631") - the web interface will get the current local
port number, while the external addresses can continue to use port
631.

You *cannot* get by without the localhost interface since all of the
client authentication code depends on it to pass local authentication
certificates.  If you modify that code to pass it all the time, then
you will seriously break normal authentication...