[cups.general] wrong page number in page_log

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Dec 1 00:55:58 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 03:46:23AM -0500, pd75de at yahoo.de wrote:

> I installed the Cupserver 1,3 on a Debian Linux system (Kernel
> 2,4,26).  Printing from a Windows XP Desktop works actually, but the
> file "page_log" shows unfortunately always "1 page", no matter how
> many sides are printed.  Can someone tell me, what I did wrong?

I very much doubt that you installed CUPS 1.3 since 1.2 is not
even published yet

Anyway your problem comes from the fact that the print driver
you use doesn't produce PostScript code manageable by the pstops
filter which does the page accounting.

As a solution, you can use the CUPS driver for Windows available
from www.cups.org, or use a real print accounting solution which
handles more page description languages than pstops.

hth

Jerome Alet