[cups.general] renderer command

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Wed Dec 1 03:23:41 PST 2004

You can use Foomatic, but then you must use the Foomatic data which the
Gimp-Print package generates. The "./configure" should auto-detect
whether on your system is Foomatic installed and if so, it adds the
necessary data to your local Foomatic database so that the KDE Printing
Manager offers the appropriate "Foomatic + Gimp-Print" entries. The
solution of CUPS PPDs needs one piece of software less, it does not need
Foomatic, so it also works if Foomatic is not installed on your box. It
needs only CUPS and ESP GhostScript (or another GhostScript which is
patched to have the "cups" device).

    Till