Filter and Cups

Kurt Kurt
Wed Dec 1 11:31:37 PST 2004

I have a filter I am trying to use which is a generic shell script. I added it by using the lpadmin command with a '-i logger-email' option. Logger-email is the filter name. If I print to this printer which I also have defined as 'logger-email', the only output that is sent to the filter appears to be blank lines. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? I am including my printers.conf file and a snipet of my shell script.

<DefaultPrinter Casmania>
Info Created by redhat-config-printer 0.6.x
Location
DeviceURI socket://172.20.240.91:9100
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>
<Printer logger-email>
Info logger-email
DeviceURI file:/dev/null
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

This is the code in the shell script that continuously loops checking for blank lines. Needless to say it never gets beyond this point.

read LINE
while [ -z "$LINE" ]
do
  read LINE