form feed to raw queue

msch mschoolmaster
Wed Dec 1 14:22:19 PST 2004

okay, so i've been all over the web, this newsgroup and everywhere else i can find looking for information on printing to dot matrix printers (okidata 320 turbos in my case) at full speed.  setting up the printer as a raw, raw queue printer does exactly what i want minus a form feed at the end of the job.  setting up the printer using any driver at all results in terribly slow printing that is mostly unacceptable.  so i ask here just in case i've missed something, is there any EASY way to send a form feed on a raw queue.  i'm guessing not, but hoping so :)
the problem for me is that i have a few seperate queues, two of which do not need the form feed as this is controled by the print servers these printers are attached to, and a third queue connected directly to the parrallel port of the server (running redhat el v3).  it is this third queue i'm trying to get the form feed on.  please help me out with any suggestions or just tell me if this is as complicated as it seems to be.  any chance of seeing a raw queue with form feed option in the future?
thanks!
-matt