Ruda Matousek

matousek at utia.cas.cz matousek at utia.cas.cz
Fri Dec 3 04:12:32 PST 2004

Hello,

I've got two questions:

1) I use HP LJ2300D connected to a PC with USB. The printer is stopped once the paper tray gets empty. Is it possible to avoid this (for me) stupid behavior? I tried to find it using google, but without success (there is no documentation for USB backend). :-(

2) Is there a manual or a how-to how to configure samba and cups in a way that particular windows users (logged on the samba server) will be able to remove all jobs from the printer or stop/start a printer? (again no info on google). I managed by allowing access to admin section to anybody, while enforcing the access by a firewall, but still the cups is accepting only some users. The others are not allowed...

Any help is welcome! Thank you,

Ruda M.