[cups.general] pdftops problems in 1.1.22

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Fri Dec 3 06:15:24 PST 2004

Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 02 December 2004 07:58, Michael Sweet wrote:
> >TPanaitescu at colorcon.com wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> We have just upgraded CUPS from 1.1.19 to 1.1.22 and we're seeing
> >> some problems with pdf pages being printed, problems we didn't
> >> have with Cups 1.1.19. It seems that pdftops is not shrinking the
> >> file to fit the printable area anymore. Is this a bug or am I
> >> missing something in the config ?
> >
> >This is a change - just add the "fitplot" option to tell pdftops to
> >shrink the page to fit.
>
> I have a similar problem Michael, in the headers and footers, the last
> 2 chars on each end are fading away to nothing in the borders.  What
> file do I put that keyword in to shorten and recenter those lines?

Perhaps you use the alternate pdftops filter which is in fact a wrapper
(written in Perl) around the pdftops utility V 3.00 from the Xpdf suite.
It may confdigured using a configuration file (see the pdftops manual
page
for details).
If necessary, you may easily introduce additional job options to this
filter
wrapper provided they are compatibel with the pdfrops utility.

Helge

PS: see the links on the CUPS web site.
--
Helge Blischke